"." Tenshops' Blog: Sir Alfred Hitchcock

Music Player

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sir Alfred Hitchcock





         Sir  Alfred  Hitchcock   was  one  of  my  most  favourite  directors  and  in my  college  days, I would  not to miss  a single  film  of  his.  I have  seen  all  of  his films  from  “The 39 Steps” (1935)  to  “ Family Plot” (1976). 
      I have seen them all ,  including  some  of  his  greatest master pieces :  Sabotage (1936),  Spellbound (1945),  Notorious  (1946),  Rope (1948),  Stage Fright (1950),  Strangers on a Train (1951),  I Confess (1953),  Dial M for Murder (1954), Rear Window (1954),  To Catch a Thief (1955),  Trouble with Harry (1955),  The Man Who knew Too Much (1956), Vertigo (1958),  North by Northwest (1959) , Psycho (1960)  and  The Birds (1963) . The list could go on ad inf . Many of his films were great hits at the box office and  most have won the Academy  awards.
      Of  all  the  Hitchcock  films  I had  seen,  the  memories  of  one  romantic  thriller,  “To catch  a  Thief “ starring Cary  Grant  and  Grace  Kelly  have  always  remained  with  me  that I have  even ‘borrowed ’  the  title  for  one  of  my  own  short stories .It was  published  in  the  KSA  magazine  in the year 2002.  However,  while  the  Hitchcock  film  was  about  a  reformed  cat-burglar  trying  to  save  his  new found  reputation  by  catching  the real thief , using his   modus  operandi’ , my  story  is  no  comparison  to  the  spine chilling, suspense  thriller.  As you will see,  it is a simple story about a simpleton, ‘small  timer’  thief and my  simple –minded  plan  to  catch him  red-handed, which  goes haywire.  But, before  that,  I would like to present  “ A Great Suspense  Story” which I just came across  on the Internet.
  
    Happy  Reading !
        Vasant  Hattangadi    

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment