"." Tenshops' Blog: "Satyamev Jayate"

Music Player

Friday 20 July 2012

"Satyamev Jayate"




    Well  Done , Amir Khan!  Satyamev  Jayate
 Friends,
                 For the last few Sundays, my wife, Kumud has been very pleased with me, thanks to Amir Khan!  You see, she doesn’t have to wake me up in the morning as on other days, because I am up and out of bed earlier than usual and soon as I finish my breakfast, I rush through my shave and bath without any need for her constant, irritable reminders or just, sweet cajoling depending on her mood! By 11:00 a.m, I am ready to settle down in front of our TV set for one hour and a half for another interesting episode of Satyamev Jayate!! 
Kudos to Amir Khan for giving us this wonderful serial, that has given the Indian Society a long overdue and well deserved slap in the face for its varied ills and idiosyncrasies ---- right from our notorious greed for dowry, passion for big, fat weddings and intolerance of young people in love to child sex abuse, wife beating or callous, drunken driving. We relish most our toxic food garnished with pesticides; we have absolutely no concern for our poor, handicapped children or our aged, infirm parents and even after sixty years of independence, we still have that eternal bane of casteism and untouchability!. What a shame!! What I really like about these episodes is the director’s treatment of the various very unpleasant topics, which doesn’t rest merely at normal censure and criticism, but they all do come out with a hidden message that there is still hope for better days ahead if only we, as individuals, take up the cudgels and really do something positive about it.  Amen ! 
               Today, I propose to present my very recent, yet unpublished article, “Nothing but the Tooth”, which I had originally wanted to title it as ‘My experiment with Tooth’, but I changed my mind later lest people misconstrue it as a parody on Mahatma Gandhi’s book of similar name.  I am eagerly awaiting your comments, if any. Bye!